Friday, April 2, 2010

NOLS "Wilderness Education" book list...

To be honest, I’ve got nothing today, so I’m going to give you another book list. It’s a short one, but it’s a good one.
A few months ago, I sent away for a course catalog from the National Outdoor Leadership School, which is based in Wyoming and claims to be the “Leader in Wilderness Education.”
NOLS has published a series of books that they use in their courses and these books are also available to the public.
Without further ado, here they are:
1. Backcountry Cooking
2. Backcountry Nutrition
3. Bear Essentials
4. Cookery
5. Soft Paths
6. Wilderness Ethics
7. Wilderness Guide
8. Wilderness Medicine
9. Wilderness Mountaineering
10. Wilderness Navigation
11. Wilderness Wisdom
12. Winter Camping
I have the “Wilderness Guide” and “Wilderness Medicine” books at home, and they look very slick. I haven’t read them yet, but I’m looking forward to finishing both of them.
Have any of you out there read any of these books? If so, what did you think about them and which would you recommend?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete