Saturday, May 15, 2010

'Beer that made Milwaukee famous' goes down easy

I got the chance to sample a can of Schlitz beer for the first time yesterday, and it wasn’t half bad.
This is probably another one of those “No, I haven’t been living under a rock” moments, but I’ve never taken the opportunity to sample “The BEER that made Milwaukee famous.” I spotted it beside the Pabst Blue Ribbon in the large beer cooler at Lee’s Quick Stop the other day, and I thought I might as well sample it for the sake of this blog.
When poured into a glass this beer has a nice golden look to it, a short head and very little carbonation. This beer is very drinkable and is probably what most folks would call a “belly washer.” It goes down easy, and it’s not overly bitter. I’d describe it as an old-timey beer that’s perfect for sipping on the back porch at the end of a long day.
One 12-ounce can of this beer contains 4.7 percent alcohol by volume, and each can contains 146 calories.
This beer is brewed by one of the oldest brewery’s in the county, the Joseph Schlitz Brewing Co. in Milwaukee. The company was started in 1849 and eventually ended up in the hands of the Pabst Brewing Co. in 1999.
In the end, it wasn’t half bad, and I’d have no problem with sampling it again. For more information about Schlitz visit www.schlitzgusto.com.
(Again, don’t be an idiot. Drink responsibly and never drink and drive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment