Thursday, March 8, 2012

Three UFO reports recorded in Alabama during February

It’s the second week of the month, so this week I’m giving you an update on UFO reports in Alabama from the past month, courtesy of the Mutual UFO Network.

A search for UFO reports in Alabama between Feb. 1 and Feb. 29 on MUFON’s website, www.mufon.com, resulted in three reports from within our state during that time.

The first incident occurred on Feb. 9 and was reported by a man who lives in Huntsville.

“For the second night my family and I have watched a cluster of pinpoint lights with one light moving around within the cluster,” the witness said. “I was able to capture the one pinpoint light that moved on my cell phone movie camera, but the cluster is not as bright as the one that moves, so the cluster does not show. Tonight it was almost directly overhead, west of the Milky Way. This is not in earth’s atmosphere. It is out in space.”

The second incident occurred on Feb. 21 and was reported by a witness driving on Sea Cliff Drive, which runs through Fairhope and Daphne in Baldwin County.

“I was returning from the gas station in my car to a friend’s apartment,” the witness said. “As I turned west on Sea Cliff Drive, I noticed a bright star-like object, glowing white, at a 45-degree angle from where I was. The object was of similar size to a grain of rice held at arm’s length and thus (was) larger than a normal star or planet.

“I immediately stopped the car but was unable to take a picture before the object vanished. Attempting to regain visual contact with the object, I continued driving in hopes of catching another angle but could not.”

The witness said that the object was only briefly visible, that is, for about 10 seconds and appeared to be over the water when it vanished.

The third incident occurred on Feb. 25 and the report doesn’t say exactly where the incident occurred other than that it took place somewhere in Alabama.

“I was outside in my front yard, calling my kids at around dark and just happened to look to the west, and I saw a pinkish red orb, silently crossing the sky,” the witness said. “(It) went down behind the tree line a few miles away. At first, I thought it was fireworks, but it left no trail behind it. There was no trail of smoke or light emitting from behind the object. I heard no sounds coming from it. I was really puzzled because I have never seen anything like it before.”

Before closing out this week, I just want to put it out there again that I would be very interested to hear from any readers of The Courant who have witnessed a UFO in Conecuh County. I think a lot of other people would be interested in hearing your story too, and I’d be willing to accept your report on an anonymous basis if you’d be more comfortable with that arrangement. You can contact me by e-mail at courantsports@earthlink.net or by phone at 578-1492.

No comments:

Post a Comment