Thursday, March 15, 2018

Disk-shaped UFO was spotted in Tuscaloosa County, Ala. on Feb. 26


It’s the third Thursday of the month, so today I’m giving you an update on UFO reports in Alabama from the previous month, courtesy of the Mutual UFO Network. A search for UFO reports in Alabama between Feb. 1 and Feb. 28 on MUFON’s website, www.mufon.com, resulted in just one report from within our state during that time.

That incident took place around 11 p.m. on Mon., Feb. 26, in Coker, a small town in Tuscaloosa County. According to the report filed about the incident, the witness was walking his dog when he noticed a “very bright, pulsating, disk-shaped object” low in the southwestern sky and traveling slowly in his direction.

“As it got closer, it became more bright and was pulsating light from around the rim of the object,” the witness said. “It stopped over a pasture beside my house where it hovered a minute then changed direction and went south.”

The witness said that the object was disk-shaped and slightly larger than a private jet. The witness said he couldn’t hear any sound coming from the object, but it “pulsated vibrant colors.”

“It seemed to fall in altitude as it got closer to me, and after it hovered near my house it looked as if it floated right up and went over the foothill over my house and then I lost sight of it,” the witness said. “I did not know what the object could have been. It was fascinating.”

The witness said he attempted to record the object on video, but only managed to get a couple of seconds of the object because he wasn’t watching it through the camera’s view finder.

“About one minute into the video, the object is the higher object and when the video is paused you can clearly see its shape and color,” the witness said.

The witness included a one-minute and 20-second video with his report, and when I reviewed it I could see that it definitely contained something unusual. The video was shaky, but more than once in the footage, you could see what the witness was talking about. Most unusual were multiple white lights that seemed to wink on and off in what I suspect was the “pulsating” of lights that the witness reported.

Playing the role of the skeptic, I wonder if perhaps the witness was seeing some sort of drone. In the dark, distances are hard to judge, and I wonder if he perceived it to be “slightly larger than a private jet” because the object appeared to be larger than it actually was. In the end, it’s hard to say for sure without having actually been there to see it for myself. Nonetheless, it is an interesting incident.

Before closing out this week, I just want to put it out there again that I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has witnessed a UFO, especially in Conecuh County. I think a lot of other people would be interested in hearing your story too, and I’m willing to accept your report anonymously.

No comments:

Post a Comment