Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dusting off the old sports hat...

After a three-month break, this week will mark my return to the sports desk at The Courant, so in addition to my weekly column, I’ll begin covering local sports teams and events for the paper each week. I only make mention of it because I want readers to contact me if you have anything that will make a good sports story. You can reach me by calling The Courant or by e-mailing me at leepeacock2002@hotmail.com.
When I first started working in the newspaper business 10 years ago, my first job was as a part-time sports writer for The Monroe Journal in Monroeville. Since then, I’ve worn a lot of newspaper hats, including delivery boy, reporter, photographer, publisher and editor. In other words, it seems that I’ve come full circle and will get to do the job that got me started and that I enjoyed the most. Courant Publisher and Editor Robert Bozeman told me three months ago that I was going to miss working at the paper, and he was right. Covering local sports, especially in a place like Evergreen, can be very fun and rewarding, and I appreciate Robert letting me do the sports for him on a part-time basis.
Call me if you’ve got a sports story you’d like me to work on or if you have details about an upcoming or recent sports-related event.

No comments:

Post a Comment