Monday, April 19, 2010

Amp Energy drink lacks punch of Monster


Anyone out there tried Amp Energy drink?
I tried one for the first time yesterday and learned right off the bat that it doesn’t claim to be an energy drink at all. Rather, according to the distinctive, green can that reminds me of a Monster energy drink, it’s an “Energy Supplement,” instead of an energy drink.
The can caught my eye yesterday when I was buying gas at the BP station in Atmore. (For some reason, Amp Energy makes me think of NASCAR, but don’t asked me who drives the Amp Energy car.) I’d never tried one, so I figured, what the heck, I’d give it a shot.
Upon close inspection of the can, you’ll notice that the can bears the following message: The Power of AMP Energy gets you focused and ready for everything life throws at you each day. Or night. With its energizing blend of B-vitamins and a specially formulated intense combination of Taurine, Ginseng, Guarana, AMP Energy keeps you connected and on top of your game at all times. AMP Energy. More Power To You.”
A closer look at the 16-ounce can reveals a number of slightly humorous and unusual warnings that left me wondering if I should even be drinking Amp at all. “This Product Is Not Intended To Diagnose, Treat, Cure Or Prevent Any Disease” and “Not Recommended For Children, Pregnant Women Or People Sensitive To Caffeine” were featured prominently on the back of the can.
In the end, this drink wasn’t the worst I’d ever had. It had a citrus taste to it that made me think of Mountain Dew, which incidentally is manufactured by Pepsi, which also produces Amp. Go figure. I wouldn’t have any problem trying Amp again, and I give it an overall grade of B.
With any drink of this sort, you always wonder how it’ll affect you afterwards. This drink didn’t leave me wired or jittery, and I couldn’t tell that it packed much punch at all. (The first time I ever tried Monster, I thought I could hear the grass growing outside afterwards.)
For more information about this drink, visit its Web site at www.ampenergy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment