Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My pick of the week is 'Machete'

It’s Wednesday, so today I give you my weekly list of movies that will open in theatres this week as well as my list of movies that will be released on DVD.

I hope this will serve as a useful guide as to what’s going this week if you happen to be near a movie theatre or if you’re looking for something to drop into your NetFlix queue.Movies that are scheduled to hit theatres this Friday include:
- Machete (R): Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba and Steven Segal.
- Going the Distance (R): Drew Barrymore, Christina Applegate and Charlie Day.
- 16 to Life (R)

New DVD releases for the week of Aug. 31 include:
- Marmaduke (PG): Owen Wilson and George Lopez.
- Made for Each Other (Not Rated)
- OSS 17: Lost in Rio (Not Rated)
- Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married Too (PG-13): Tyler Perry and Janet Jackson.
- Beatdown (Not Yet Rated)
- French Film (Not Yet Rated)
- The Red Riding Trilogy (Not Yet Rated)
- Tormented (Not Yet Rated)

If I could only watch one movie at the theatre this week, it would be “Machete,” and if I had to pick just one DVD to rent this week, it would be “Marmaduke.”

In the end, let us know if you get a chance to watch any of the new movies in theatres this week or if you’ve already seen any of the movies that have just been released on DVD. What did you think about them? Which would you recommend? Let us know in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment