Thursday, November 8, 2012

Three UFO incidents reported in Alabama during October

It’s the second week of the month, so this week I’m giving you an update on UFO reports in Alabama from the past month, courtesy of the Mutual UFO Network.

A search for UFO reports in Alabama between Oct. 1 and Oct. 31 on MUFON’s website, www.mufon.com, resulted in three reports from within our state during that time.

The first incident occurred around 5:12 a.m. on Fri., Oct. 5, in Centreville. The witness went outside around 4:48 a.m. to take his trash bins to the street. About 15 to 20 feet from his front door, he noticed a “bright, star-like” object moving in his direction.

“I instantly ran back to the front steps of my home and grabbed my camera from my bag,” the witness said. “I tried to focus on the object but it was too far away and too high up to focus on the object.”

The witness stood in his driveway and watched the object as it moved in his direction.

“I continued to visually track the object as it passed in a northwestward direction in front of my home,” the witness said. “Since I couldn’t focus on the object, I began to flash my camera multiple times to illicit a reaction.”

The object continued to hover overhead and then went dim.

“I sat on my front steps and lit a cigarette,” the witness said. “About eight minutes later, I again observed the star-like object, this time at a lower altitude, much closer to my house.”

This time, the object moved southwest before turning northeast as the witness captured 55 seconds of video footage of the object on his Nikon 3100 camera.

“During the entire event, I felt as if the object was aware of my presence,” the witness said. “I lost sight of the object only after it passed over a distant tree line.”

The second incident occurred on Sun., Oct. 11, in Orange Beach. The witness was trying out a new camera while on an afternoon dolphin cruise. As they were leaving Bear Point Marina, he snapped a picture of the boat’s wake while standing at the stern of the boat. At the time, the witness didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary, but later when he viewed his photos on his computer, he saw something strange.

“Not until viewing on my computer did I see this very clear object out over the water,” the witness said. “There was nothing in the air, no balloons, planes, etc. When taking the picture I saw nothing.”

The photo that the witness posted along with his report shows a black and gray-colored object that was somewhat triangular in shape. Whatever it was, it looked very unusual when enlarged.

The third incident occurred around 9 a.m. on Thurs., Oct. 15, in Huntsville and was posted by Richard Hoffman, MUFON’s state director in Alabama.

Hoffman reported that he was headed to his office for an important meeting when he received a call around 8:50 a.m. The call was from a witness 10 to 15 miles away who was seeing an unusual object in the sky. Hoffman looked in the direction of the object and saw it.

The object “appeared stationary in the clear blue sky and appeared extremely bright and then would dim only to become bright again,” he said.

Hoffman took photos and shot video footage of the object. He also pointed it out to three people who were entering the building, and they saw it too.

“I had to attend the meeting, reluctantly, and when it was over, around 50 minutes later, the object was gone,” he said. “When I got to my Redstone Arsenal office, my colleague reported seeing the same object from a different vantage point.”

The object remained stationary for over 25 minutes, reflected sunlight and “would have been huge if truly seen over the distances involved here,” Hoffman said.

A MUFON field investigator called the Huntsville airport air-traffic control tower and was told that the Army had alerted officials at the airport of a flare drop exercise being conducted in the area.

“While no aircraft were seen in the vicinity until much later than the event (helicopters), this does not appear as a flare that is of a known variety,” Hoffman said. “It is unclear as to what this object was, and it was witnessed by almost eight people to date that are known.”

Before closing out this week, I just want to put it out there again that I would be very interested to hear from any readers of The Courant who have witnessed a UFO in Conecuh County. I think a lot of other people would be interested in hearing your story too, and I’d be willing to accept your report on an anonymous basis if you’d be more comfortable with that arrangement. You can contact me by e-mail at courantsports@earthlink.net or by phone at 578-1492.

No comments:

Post a Comment