Thursday, August 8, 2019

Witnesses claim seeing 'creature' near I-65's Exit 128 on the night of July 23

Witnesses claim seeing 'creature' near Exit 128 in Butler County.

I received an interesting “Bigfoot” report the other day, and the witness asked me to pass it along to readers of The Courant because he thinks that what he saw could be dangerous.

The witness in this case asked that I not release his name because he doesn’t “want to get labeled as a crazy person.” With that said, you can take it from me that this person is a very reliable witness. He is an upstanding member of the community and would be widely known if I were to use his name.

According to this witness, he and his son were traveling from Greenville to Belleville on Tues., July 23, around 10 p.m. They had just gotten on Interstate Highway 65 at the Greenville-Pine Apple Exit (Exit 128) and were headed south towards Conecuh County. A short distance south of the exit, the witness and his son saw something very strange.

“We had probably gone one or 1-1/2 miles when we saw something on the side of the road,” the witness said. “As we approached, we could see it was darker than the night.”

The witness noted that there are no lights along this stretch of the interstate, and there were no other cars nearby when this incident occurred.

The witness went on to describe seeing a tall creature with “long, stringy, black hair that covered its face.” Its body was black and covered in hair, the witness said. Only its fingers were visible, he noted.

“Whatever it was, it was as tall as a speed limit sign,” the witness said. “It stood right by the road, toeing or almost toeing the white line, staring at the ground. As we passed by it in our van, it never looked up. It never moved. It just stood there.”

At first, the man couldn’t believe what he’d seen, so he asked his son, “Did you see that?” The son said that he had but didn’t want to talk about it. The father asked the son to describe what he’d seen, and his description matched what the father had seen.

When the pair arrived in Belleville, the man texted his wife and told her what he’d seen. She told him about newspaper reports she’d read about Bigfoot-type creatures in The Courant and encouraged the man to notify the newspaper. Initially, the man didn’t want to go public with his story, but finally decided that he should let someone know.

“This thing could be violent and could possibly hurt someone or their animals,” the man said. “Also, there are a lot of wrecks on this particular stretch of interstate between Greenville and Georgiana. I just wonder if this thing could be the cause of some of them.”

Stories of strange creatures being seen along I-65 are not unheard of. In fact, just last year – on July 7, 2018 – a woman from Birmingham reported seeing a Bigfoot-like creature emerge from the tree line on I-65, near the Murder Creek Bridge sign at Exit 93 in Evergreen. The woman and her two daughters were traveling south on I-65 and saw the creature, which was covered from head to toe with reddish-brown hair, walk towards the interstate in broad daylight.

As many readers will also remember, the 40-mile stretch of interstate between Evergreen and Greenville was designated “The Haunted Highway” in the book, “Haunted Places: The National Directory” by Dennis William Hauck. This book claims that this section of the highway is haunted by the spirits of displaced Creek Indians and has resulted in an “accident rate that is well above average.”

In the end, I’d like to hear from anyone in the reading audience who has seen anything out of the ordinary on I-65, especially if you saw something strange on the night of July 23. Chances are, with as much traffic that goes up and down the interstate, someone else may have seen the same “creature” described above.

13 comments:

  1. I know there was a brown bear hit and kill on this strech of highway... several years ago maybe 3 0r 4 years ago... this could be it... just saying... I have hunted this area a couple of times ... never had any experience ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a comment about the sighting in July but I do have a comment about that area in general. On July 30th in 2006 me,my wife and two kids were traveling from Ohio to our hometown of Lower Peach Tree Ala.We were on Interstate 65 and exited off headed south towards Evergreen. Suddenly from the left this big black thing covered in hair ran in front of the car and I felt the impact. There were no other cars out on the stretch. I stopped got out and all of the ground effects from the bottom of my 2006 Chrysler had been torn off.As we made our way on (after talking to the insurance company)I asked my wife what did she see and her description of what she saw was the exact same as mine. We told people about it but no one took us seriously and it was soon forgotten. I was really surprised to open up my computer and see this story. But yes I believe it because I saw it.....................

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father hunts in Greenville/pineapple area and several year's ago he had come home from hunting and described the same creature. He said it was very tall and very hairy at first he thought it was a man in all black poaching. So he hollered at it and. He said when he got closer It crouched down on all fours and ran off. I said did it look like a bear and he said no it looked like a really tall long stringy haired man with big hands. It freaked him out. My brother saw the same thing at a different time

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is likely a multi-generational family group of bigfoots in this area, with several more such family groups in surrounding adjacent areas. The bigfoots certainly know the whereabouts and activities of the humans in their territories. And I-65 would be a source of roadkill wildlife for them to scavenge to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone needs to set out a couple of carcasses and monitor the area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother who is 69 years old stated when she went to school in that area years ago (Foresthome), she stated she and some of her classmates seen the same thing standing looking in the classroom window and they called it the hairy man. If this is true it may be many of them or off spring of what they seen back then. We been calling my mom crazy for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Nick. I would love to hear more about this school house incident. Does your mother remember anything about it? How old was she when this happened/what grade was she in? What year would this have been? Does she remember anything specific about the "hairy man," that is, what he looked like, what he was doing, etc. Any additional information would be much appreciated. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. I do research on these critter and have made several contacts and have photos to support my claims. I do however doubt it was a woodsman. But Ill say these creatures are nationwide in large numbers and extreme caution is warranted for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say unless they have been proven to have caused agressive and or intentional injury or death to people, they should be left alone. Or you could just hunt them down and kill them in the same manner as the Indians of this nation were slaughtered of ot makes you feel safer and better about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew up in Conecuh County,Alabama in a community called Pleasant Hill. We have this one area in Pleasant Hill we call the bottom. There has always been strange movement of something that seems really big and a black figure in that area. It would walk when you walked,stop when you stop or run when you ran but never came out of the woods. Just by listening to the bushes move you could tell it was a large object. It always walked or ran at the edge of the tree line or edge of the bushes.Very scary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just great! I travel this stretch of interstate weekly. Not sure if I’m excited or scared.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How far is this area from Autaugaville Al?
    Whwn I was around 8 yrs old my family and I moved there we lives on an plantation had over 100 acres of nothing but wildlife near Bear creek swamp. After logging in the area it stirred up something that would come through close to the house that was of “bigfoot” description
    We knew it was going to be heard or partially seen on a day that our German Shepherds would hide prior to. I remember the odor the sound it made sounded like no bear and the heavyness of it running and shaking tree limbs. As i am grown now and moved out of state i have only come across one person that lived in that area that experienced the same thing around the same time frame years ago. The couple mentioned it before I could so that told me they were being truthful
    .

    ReplyDelete
  12. How far is this area from Autaugaville Al?
    Whwn I was around 8 yrs old my family and I moved there we lives on an plantation had over 100 acres of nothing but wildlife near Bear creek swamp. After logging in the area it stirred up something that would come through close to the house that was of “bigfoot” description
    We knew it was going to be heard or partially seen on a day that our German Shepherds would hide prior to. I remember the odor the sound it made sounded like no bear and the heavyness of it running and shaking tree limbs. As i am grown now and moved out of state i have only come across one person that lived in that area that experienced the same thing around the same time frame years ago. The couple mentioned it before I could so that told me they were being truthful
    .

    ReplyDelete