It’s Wednesday, so today I give you my weekly list of movies that will open in theatres this week as well as my list of movies that will be released this week on DVD.
I hope this will serve as a useful guide as to what’s going on this week if you happen to be near a movie theatre or if you’re looking for something to drop into your NetFlix queue.
Movies that are scheduled to hit theatres this Friday include:
- Skyline (Science Fiction, Thriller, PG-13): Starring Eric Balfour, David Zayas, Donald Faison, Brittany Daniel and Scottie Thompson.
- Unstoppable (Action, PG-13): Directed by Tony Scott and starring Denzel Washington, Chris Pine and Rosario Dawson.
- Morning Glory (Comedy, PG-13): Directed by Roger Michell and starring Harrison Ford, Rachel McAdams, Diane Keaton, Patrick Wilson and Jeff Goldblum.
New DVD releases for the week of Nov. 9 include:
- Grown Ups (Comedy, PG-13): Directed by Dennis Dugan and starring Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider.
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (Action, Comedy, Romance, PG-13): Directed by Edgar Wright and starring Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kieran Culkin, Brandon Routh and Chris Evans.
- The Dry Land (Drama, R): Directed by Ryan Piers Williams and starring America Ferrera, Melissa Leo, Ryan O’Nan, Jason Ritter and Wilmer Valderrama.
- Charlie St. Cloud (Drama, PG-13): Directed by Burr Steers and starring Zac Efron, Kim Basinger, Charlie Tahan, Amanda Crew and Augustus Prew.
- Disney’s A Christmas Carol (Family, Fantasy, Action, PG): Directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring Jim Carrey, Robin Wright Penn, Gary Oldman, Colin Firth and Bob Hoskins.
- Ramona and Beezus (Family, G): Directed by Elizabeth Allen and starring Joey King, Selena Gomez, John Corbett, Bridget Moynahan and Ginnifer Goodwin.
If I could only watch one movie at the theatre this week, it would be “Skyline,” and if I had to pick just one DVD to rent this week, it would be “Grown Ups.”
In the end, let me know if you get a chance to watch any of the new movies in theatres this week or if you’ve already seen any of the movies that have just been released on DVD. What did you think about them? Which would you recommend? Let us know in the comments section below.