Thursday, September 13, 2012

Three UFO reports logged in Alabama during month of August


It’s the second week of the month, so this week I’m giving you an update on UFO reports in Alabama from the past month, courtesy of the Mutual UFO Network.

A search for UFO reports in Alabama between Aug. 1 and Aug. 31 on MUFON’s website, www.mufon.com, resulted in three reports from within our state during that time.

The first incident occurred on Thurs., Aug. 9, around 10:30 p.m. and was seen by a motorist in Linden, a small town in Marengo County. The witness said she was driving home from work in Demopolis and as she entered Linden from the north, she saw “a very big object in the sky with little lights in a band around the middle of the object, lighting up one after the other.”

The lights around the band lit up once before the entire object “lit up like a strobe light.” The object became a “very bright white, blinking on and off.” The light was so bright that it illuminated the entire sky and the witness.

The woman arrived home and told her husband about what she’d seen. They went outside, looked at the sky and saw something “very far away, jumping round in the sky, pulsating and glowing white with a red tint.”

The object was low on the horizon and remained just over the trees across the street from the woman’s house, she said. As they watched, it continued to move up and down, side to side and in circles.

“The whole thing made me very scared,” the witness said. “If you knew me, you would know I’m not a person that believes in this stuff. I’m a skeptic, but I believe now after what I saw.”

The second incident occurred on Fri., Aug. 24, at 7:48 p.m. The report doesn’t say where it occurred other than to say that it was somewhere in Alabama. The witness in this case said he saw two “star-like objects” in the sky. He watched as one of the objects hovered on the left side of the moon and then ran into his house to get his brother.

When they arrived back outside, one of the objects began to hover behind a cloud, and lightning began to strike in the area where the object was hovering. The other object was above the clouds, he said.

“I know they were not stars,” the witness said.

The third incident occurred on Sun., Aug. 26, at 10:35 p.m. Again, the report doesn’t say where the incident took place aside from the fact that it occurred in Alabama. According to the witness, the incident began when he went outside to walk his dogs. He looked up in the western sky and saw a “bright glowing object” that he described as an “orb.”

At first, he thought it was a star or a planet, but when he walked into his front yard he watched as the object began “changing color and pulsating.” The man went inside, got his binoculars, but when he returned to his yard he saw that the object had moved to another spot in the sky.

“As I looked through the binoculars, I could clearly tell that it was not a star nor a planet,” the witness said. “It began to change shape rapidly and would also change color as it morphed.”

The man went back inside to get his wife, so she could see the strange object. He was inside for no more than 20 seconds, he said, but when he returned to his yard, the object was gone. The man then jumped in his car and drove west to see if he could find it again.

“Sure enough, I did,” the man said. “This time, I was able to watch it move in a southwestern direction.”

The man watched as the object stopped several times and continued to change in size and color.

“It was almost as if this thing knew I was watching, and it was putting on a show for me,” the man said. “Finally, it moved off beyond the horizon, and I lost track of it. I made several attempts to find it again with no luck.”

The entire incident lasted about 35 minutes, he said.

“I know for a fact that it wasn’t flares or a plane or any kind of helicopter I’ve seen before,” he said.

Before closing out this week, I just want to put it out there again that I would be very interested to hear from any readers of The Courant who have witnessed a UFO in Conecuh County. I think a lot of other people would be interested in hearing your story too, and I’d be willing to accept your report on an anonymous basis if you’d be more comfortable with that arrangement. You can contact me by e-mail at courantsports@earthlink.net or by phone at 578-1492.

No comments:

Post a Comment